Valley Heights Preschool Long Day Care Centre offers a complete school readiness program which is integrated daily into our curriculum. The preschool program focusses on building each child’s self-esteem and confidence as they learn valuable social skills for school.
Valley Heights Preschool Long Day Care Centre obtains positive feedback from our local schools each year on how confident and socially competent our students are, making them successful learners from our academic program as they transition to school. We also incorporate regular visits to local schools and have visits from Primary school teachers within the area in order to bring greater awareness to our Pre-schoolers attending school the following year.
Valley Heights Preschool Long Day Care Centre focuses on the following areas in preparation for school:
- Exploring key literacy and numeracy concepts and processes.
- Developing knowledgeable and confident self-identities.
- Enhancing children’s independence and self-help skills.
- Building on children’s social interactions and positive turn taking skills.
- Empowering children to make choices, problem-solve and cope with change.
- Encouraging children to follow and extend on their own interests.
- Transition to school programs.
- Networking with our local area primary schools.
- Liasing with the Department of Education.
For more information on any of our programs or to visit Valley Heights Preschool Long Day Care Centre to discuss enrolling your child into one of our programs please contact us today